MENU

Home > About Us > History

History

History

November 1954 Taiyo Electric Industry Co., Ltd. founded as a manufacturer of electric machines and equipment in Nishi-Ohsaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, capitalized at 5,000,000 yen.
April 1957 Sano Denki K.K. established as a manufacturer of various types of electric machineries in Nishi-Ogu, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo, capitalized at 1,000,000 yen.
September 1957 Taiyo Electric Industry becomes a group company of Nippon Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
January 1959 Taiyo Electric Industry moves all businesses and facilities to Shimura Nakadai-cho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo.
November 1959 Sano Denki K.K. increases capitalization to 3,000,000 yen.
October 1960 Sano Denki K.K. increases capitalization to 5,000,000 yen.
November 1960 Taiyo Electric Industry increases capitalization to 10,000,000 yen.
September 1961 Sano Denki K.K. increases capitalization to 10,000,000 yen.
April 1964 Taiyo Electric Industry moves all businesses and facilities to Asakusa Kiyokawa-cho, Taito-ku, Tokyo.
October 1967 Taiyo Electric Industry moves all its businesses and facilities to the premises of Mukojima Office of Nippon Electric Industry Co., Ltd. at Tsutsumi-dori, Sumida-ku, Tokyo.
October 1968 Sano Denki K.K. becomes a group company of Nippon Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
July 1970 Taiyo Electric Industry establishes Osaka Branch Office in Osaka.
April 1971 Taiyo Electric Industry establishes Sendai Branch Office.
October 1972 Taiyo Electric Industry and Sano Denki K.K. merge on equal terms, with capitalization of 20,000,000 yen, changing the trade name Taiyo Electric Industry.
December 1973 Capitalization increased to 40,000,000 yen.
March 1978 Ogu Rotary Machinery Plant closes.
May 1979 Hibiya Tsusho Co., Ltd. acquires capital in Taiyo Electric Industry.
June 1983 Capitalization increased to 50,000,000 yen
March 1985 Factory land of 11,985.61 m2 (about 3,626 tsubo) acquired in the Tsukuba Minami First Industrial Estate
July 1986 Construction works for Tsukuba Plant start.
February 1987 Tsukuba Plant completed
April 1987 The head office and plant moves to Tsukuba Plant.
October 1987 Capitalization increased to 102,500,000 yen
January 1989 Tokyo Office opens in Nippori.
October 1996 Head office moves to Tokyo (Nippori).
June 1999 Taiyo Electric Industry becomes a group company of NEC Corporation.
November 1999 Tsukuba Plant obtains ISO 9001 certification.
April 2002 NTT’s order for control panels taken over from Densei-Lambda K.K.
October 2002 Sales Headquarters obtains ISO 9001 certification.
February 2004 Taiyo Electric Industry becomes a group company of Nomura Securities.
November 2006 Head Office obtains ISO 9001 certification.
Head Office, Tsukuba Plant and Osaka Branch Office obtain ISO 14001 certification.
February 2007 All the stocks acquired from the parent company, Nomura Principal Finance Co. Ltd, through a Management and Employee Buyout (MEBO); capitalization set at 85,000,000 yen
November 2011 Osaka Office obtains ISO 9001 certification.
2018 Our ISO 9001 and 14001 certification migrated to the 2015 edition.
2019 Taiyo Electric Industry was certified as a Youth Yell company to support youth employment.